Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the 'Poster Child' for Bipolar Disorder
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Miramax Films/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Westley Hargrave/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News15 of 16
Catherine Zeta-Jones is ready to move forward.
After her much-publicized 2011 hospitalization for bipolar disorder, the "Playing for Keeps" star, 43, says she's officially done discussing it.
"You know what? I'm sick of talking about it because I never wanted to be the poster child for this," the actress said when asked about her struggle with mental illness on "Good Morning America" on Dec. 7. "I never wanted this to come out publicly. It came out, and I dealt with it in the best way I could, and that was just saying, 'Hey, I'm bipolar.'"
Michael Douglas' wife says she's not willing to let her disease define her -- or to play the "woe is me" card.
"Everyone has things going on and we deal with them the best we can. We can't jump from the rooftops shouting, 'I have this, look at me. Victim.' No, we all have issues in life," Zeta-Jones added. "I'm really happy I have great friends, great support and that's all I can do."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the "Poster Child" for Bipolar Disorder
Get out the vote
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »