Catherine Zeta-Jones receives UK royal honor
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty Images/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Wales News Service/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Hollywood actress Catherine Zeta-Jones has received a royal honor from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.
The Swansea, Wales-born actress became a Commander of the Order of the British Empire at the ceremony Thursday, where she was accompanied by husband Michael Douglas and their two children, Carys and Dylan.
Zeta-Jones, 41, said she was "very emotional and rather nervous" to receive the honor, which was given for her services to the film industry and her charity efforts.
She said, "It was worth [it] to have Michael in good health to be able to enjoy it with me."
RELATED VIDEO: Michael Douglas says he's got cancer 'beat'
Douglas has been fighting throat cancer.
Zeta-Jones said Prince Charles had expressed his sympathy and said he was "happy to hear" that Douglas was recovering.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite