Channing Tatum Can't Escape Stripper Past
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
The beefy actor is currently out stumping for the sword-and-sandal flick "The Eagle," and once again, his long-ago tour of duty in a Tampa strip club as an exotic dancer named Chan Crawford has come back to haunt him.
"Yeah, yeah, [I] definitely was," he tells CNN of his bumping-and-grinding days. "[I] had a crazy life in Florida, man. I've lived a lot of different lives, and I'm not ashamed of 'em."
But Tatum, who tied the knot with Jenna Dewan in 2009, doesn't recommend exotic dancing as a career path to fame and fortune.
"Would I suggest 'em to people? Probably not," he says. "But it was just one of those things. I've had a bunch of different, incredible experiences that I might have never really escaped, and I'm pretty happy I got nine lives. Hopefully, I've got a couple more in the pocket."
This time last year, while Channing was making the rounds for the three-Kleenex weeper "Dear John," he treated Ellen DeGeneres to a few of his old moves (see it here).
"Look, I'm not proud of it," he said of his past, "but I'm not ashamed of it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite