Charlize Theron had surgery for neck injury, covers bandage with scarf
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Yikes! Charlize Theron is on the mend from a neck surgery, sources reveal to Us Weekly. The 38-year-old actress made the decision to finally seek treatment for an injury she suffered several years ago.
"Charlize got injured on a set and broke a vertebrae years ago," an insider tells Us. "It's been bothering her a lot lately so she had surgery to correct it and they had to go through her neck." The injury occurred when something hit her head, the source added.
The stunning blonde has kept mum about the ordeal so far, but recently made a calculated decision to keep it hidden. While attending Variety's 5th Annual Power of Women event in Beverly Hills on Friday, Oct. 4, the Huntsman actress sported a white neck scarf to match her short Stella McCartney dress as to not draw any attention to her bandage.
"She's got a small Band-Aid on her neck," a second source added about her appearance. "She kept fussing with the white scarf. She [was] wearing to cover it, but it was poking out and visible."
Though the "Young Adult" star hasn't been "feeling good post-surgery," she's doing everything she can to bounce back quick. "She will be totally fine. She plans just to hang out and rest all weekend and recuperate," the first insider explained.
Looking beautiful, Theron accessorized her outfit with a studded clutch for the evening. Though she didn't rock her new sleek faux-hawk, the mom of son Jackson, 17 months, did admit that she's still loving her short 'do. "It's just growing out and taking its sweet old time!" she told Us.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite