Chaz Bono: Sex change is his 'best decision'
- Photo: Ed Ruvalcaba / London Ent./Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Louise Barnsley/Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 6
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
NEW YORK (AP) -- Chaz Bono says beginning the sex-change process to turn him from a woman to a man is "the best decision I've ever made."
The 40-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star, who was born a girl to Sonny Bono and Cher, says he's eight months into the years-long transformation and says he feels great.
Formerly called Chastity, he told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday: "Life is short and life is precious. This is who I am. I need to finally be who I am."
Bono says he always felt like a boy growing up and came out as a lesbian 11 years ago. Now he's undergone gender-reassignment surgery and hormone therapy.
He tells ABC: "To me, gender is between your ears, not between your legs. I've felt male as far back as I can remember."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite