Cherry Jones, Sarah Paulson Split
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com1 of 3
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Actress Cherry Jones has split with longtime girlfriend Sarah Paulson, she tells Usmagazine.com.
"We're not together anymore, but we're still dearest of friends," she told Us Thursday at the Broadway opening night of The Royal Family in New York City.
Jones, 52, fueled split speculation at this year's Emmys when she didn't mention Paulson, 34, while accepting her award for outstanding dramatic supporting actress for her role as the President on FOX's 24.
Jones told Us she wanted to thank her family, "my two dear agents who've helped me so much these last couple of decades and the amazing people I've been working with on that show."
She added, "Sarah understood, and we talked about it. And I know enough to know that if I had said her name, the rest of the night that's all anybody from the press would have asked me about. I just wanted to keep it focused on my family. That's the back-story.
Jones said she and Paulson are "great. It's the happiest break up that's ever been. We grew so much together and now we can send each other off with a kiss and great love."
Jones told Us she finds herself single for the first time in 29 years.
"I am happy as a bluebird. I wake up every morning just tweeting," she said.
"I love being on my own for the first time in my adult life. I highly recommend it. I may never be in another relationship as long as I live. I love deepening my friendships, and I like being on my own."
More on Us:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite