Chris Brown: I'm Trying to Become a Better Person
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
In MTV's "This Is How I Made It," the 23-year-old singer opens up about why he no longer feels the need to continually apologize for his past behavior. "Having to get personal opinion back and having to gain personal success back ... it's not all the way back, you know? But it's one of my most humbling experiences," Brown says. "I can't hate people for making judgment on me or making a decision of liking me or not liking me. All I can do is try to be better as a person, and I'm good with knowing everything isn't always going to be perfect."
The "Beautiful People" singer -- who has been dating both Rihanna, 24, and aspiring model Karrueche Tran, 23, on-and-off -- insists his true fans have always been loyal.
"The fan base that I have and the actual support is unreal to me. They've put me in a position to be able to help people and continue to do music and help my family, help my mom," explains Brown. "I just want my fans to be able to identify, whether it be the ones that maybe could of had everything or they maybe blew their chance and they failed and didn't know how to get back up."
Thus far, the Grammy winner has complied with the terms of his plea deal, which included community labor, five years' formal probation and domestic violence counseling.
Brown adds, "My story or my life or my legacy can hopefully show them that once you're down, that don't just mean you're down forever. You never let up. A lot of the negatives that we always go through, we're gonna have to get through that. It sounds crazy, but that's what makes us who we are."
Brown's "This Is How I Made It" episode airs Saturday, Nov. 3, at 12 p.m. EST on MTV.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDiva Double Date
From Crowd Ignite