Corey Feldman: Pedophilia is Biggest Problem in Hollywood
- Photo: RD / Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 20
- Photo: Pacific Coast News2 of 20
- Photo: CHRIS CARLSON/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Victor "The Snake" Mannn/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/Pacific Coast News7 of 20
- Photo: John M. Heller/GettyImages.com8 of 20
- Photo: Sony Pictures9 of 20
- Photo: Sony Pictures10 of 20
- Photo: CHRIS CARLSON/Invision/AP11 of 20
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional12 of 20
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: Splash News14 of 20
- Photo: Promotional15 of 20
- Photo: Promotional16 of 20
- Photo: Promotional17 of 20
- Photo: Rachel Worth/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: RD/ Parks/Retna Digital19 of 20
Corey Feldman experienced the highs and lows of being famous and underage. In an interview with ABC's "Nightline" that aired Wednesday, the 40-year-old former child star said that pedophiles were "like vultures" in the entertainment industry.
"The number one problem in Hollywood was, is and always will be pedophilia," he said. "It's all done under the radar ... But it's the big secret."
The "Lost Boys" actor said he was "literally surrounded" by pedophiles at the age of 14, but didn't realize "until I was much older what they were and what they wanted."
Feldman blamed his friend Corey Haim's death at age 38 in 2010 on the abuse suffered at the hands of one particular "Hollywood mogul" whom he refused to name. "There was a circle of older men that surrounded themselves around this group of kids," he said. "They all had either their own power or connections to great power in the entertainment industry."
Feldman said that Haim's substance addiction was also a "symptom" of the molestation he experienced earlier in life.
"There's a lot of good people in this industry, but there's also a lot of really, really sick, corrupt people in this industry," Feldman said. "There are people… who have gotten away with [pedophilia] for so long that they feel that they're above the law. And that's gotta change. That's gotta stop."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Shakira debuts her baby boy, plus more celeb news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Miley Cyrus has changed her style over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the Kardashians' best swimsuit moments during their family vacation in St. Barths on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »