Dennis Quaid sued over horse riding accident
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Digital2 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: ROME/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Jay West/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: DGA/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Glenn Gurniak/Pacific Coast News15 of 16
Dennis Quaid is facing legal action from a horse rider who claims to have been seriously injured in an accident on the actor's California estate.
Lester Wood, 70, alleges that the actor gave him permission to ride a trail on the Pacific Palisades property in Los Angeles, but he was thrown from his mount after the animal was spooked by a sprinkler system.
Wood spent nearly two months in hospital after suffering injuries including a concussion, broken ribs, a shattered pelvis and internal bleeding, and racked up nearly $500,000 in medical bills.
He has now filed suit against Quaid, who no longer owns the property, claiming the trail design was flawed, according to TMZ.com.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »