Dennis Quaid sued over horse riding accident
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Digital2 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: ROME/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Jay West/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: DGA/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Glenn Gurniak/Pacific Coast News15 of 16
Dennis Quaid is facing legal action from a horse rider who claims to have been seriously injured in an accident on the actor's California estate.
Lester Wood, 70, alleges that the actor gave him permission to ride a trail on the Pacific Palisades property in Los Angeles, but he was thrown from his mount after the animal was spooked by a sprinkler system.
Wood spent nearly two months in hospital after suffering injuries including a concussion, broken ribs, a shattered pelvis and internal bleeding, and racked up nearly $500,000 in medical bills.
He has now filed suit against Quaid, who no longer owns the property, claiming the trail design was flawed, according to TMZ.com.
Chris Hemsworth and his daughter play at the beach on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez and DJ Zedd keep their Instagram followers guessing about the nature of their relationship on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber debuts a new tattoo, and more celeb news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Madonna, Melanie Griffith and Heidi Montag post about their ski vacations on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »