Dustin Hoffman hailed a hero for helping heart attack jogger
- Photo: GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Wonderwall2 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional4 of 17
- Photo: Embassy Pictures/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: EM43/Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: TriStar Entertainment/.15 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP16 of 17
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Dustin Hoffman has been hailed a hero for rushing to the rescue of a jogger who suffered a heart attack in a London park.
RELATED: Long-Lasting Celeb Couples
The "Rain Man" actor was walking through Hyde Park when he saw Sam Dempster fall to the ground, and he raced to help the sick man during the incident late last month.
Hoffman dialled 999 and stayed with Dempster for 15 minutes as paramedics carried out CPR.
RELATED: Favorite Pop Culture Dads
Dempster is now recovering from the health scare after undergoing an operation, and has reached out to the actor to thank him for his assistance.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I want to say 'thank you' to Dustin Hoffman. He saved my life. I have no memory of what happened. The paramedics told me I had been saved by Dustin Hoffman. It's unbelievable."
Paramedic Martin adds, "Dustin was fascinated. He seemed impressed we'd got this guy back so quickly. When we were carrying the patient into the ambulance he walked up and said, 'great job, guys.' He really appreciated what had happened."
Best & Worst VMA
See some of the best and worst fashion from this year's nominees at previous VMAs.Watch Video »
Take a look at some of Katy Perry's most talked-about looks from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Blake Lively and Duchess Kate's growing baby bumps on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Paris Hilton all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Worst Fall Trends
From Jessica Simpson to Heidi Klum, check out these A-listers and their worst fall fashion duds.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian shares pictures from her recent trip to Disneyland on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »