Edward Furlong ordered to rehab after striking plea deal in assault case
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept./Getty Images North America3 of 12
- Photo: Joey Foley/Getty Images North America4 of 12
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images North America5 of 12
- Photo: Peter/NPG6 of 12
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: TriStar Pictures/Promotional9 of 12
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage.com10 of 12
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Troubled actor Edward Furlong has escaped jail time after striking a plea deal over assault charges.
RELATED: Amanda Bynes arrested in New York
The "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" star was accused of assaulting his girlfriend during an argument in May, as well as violating a restraining order, battery, dissuading a witness by force or threat and vandalism.
The 35-year-old struck a deal with prosecutors in Los Angeles on Monday when he pleaded no contest to an amended charge of willful infliction of corporal injury on a cohabitant or spouse so that the six other charges against him would be dropped.
RELATED: Reese Witherspoon arrested
Furlong was handed 61 days behind bars, but was credited for time served. L.A. Superior Court Commissioner Mark Zuckman handed him five years' probation and ordered him to spend 90 days in rehab, as well as 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling.
Zuckman also demanded that Furlong have no contact with his victim, and extended a protective order against him to cover the duration of his probation.
RELATED: Playmate arrested on drug charges
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite