Elijah Wood opens up about therapy
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America3 of 13
- Photo: Hahn/Marechal/Nebinger/StarTraks4 of 13
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Jerod Harris/GettyImages.com6 of 13
- Photo: JRAB/RRAB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Promotional8 of 13
- Photo: Promotional9 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional11 of 13
- Photo: McD22/Flickr/Wireimage/Invision/AP12 of 13
Elijah Wood suffered a major Hollywood slump as he approached his 30th birthday, so he enrolled in therapy to deal with his issues.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
The "Lord of the Rings" star reveals he didn't work for two years, and he sought professional help as he struggled to deal with his emotional problems.
However, Wood, 32, enjoyed the sessions as he learned to laugh at himself.
He tells Britain's Live magazine, "I've had things that I had to overcome, like everybody does. I went through a period a couple of years ago where I didn't work for two years. When I was 29 and turning 30, I went to therapy for the first time. It was amazing. It made me learn to laugh a lot at myself, but I also learned a lot of groundbreaking things. It was like mental excavation. I found it fascinating."
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »