Elizabeth Taylor's first wedding dress up for sale
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Frank Augstein/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Frank Augstein/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Promotional6 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: PF1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 12
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA9 of 12
- Photo: PF1/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 12
LONDON (AP) — The gown Elizabeth Taylor wore at the first of her eight weddings is for sale. You'll need at least $47,000 to buy it and a tiny waist to wear it.
Christie's auction house is offering the seed pearl-encrusted satin dress -- compete with a waist-cinching, built-in corset -- created by costume designer, Helen Rose.
Elizabeth was 18 when she wore the gown to marry hotel heir Conrad "Nicky" Hilton Jr., in May 1950 -- an event that MGM boasted was attended by "more stars than there are in heaven."
RELATED: Celebs who've been bridesmaids
The couple divorced months later, and Elizabeth Taylor went on to wed seven more times. She died in 2011 at age 79.
RELATED: Most expensive celebrity weddings
The dress will be sold June 26, with a price estimated between $47,000 and $78,000.
From Tori and Dean to Kendra and Hank, get the scoop on this reality TV couples who are struggling.Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Kevin Frazier of "ET" talks to Rihanna, JLO, and more!Watch Video »
Kate Hudson at the Yankee's Game!Watch Video »
Jane Lynch shows off her new ring and the cast talks about what a difference a year makes.Watch Video »
ET talks to the stars on the red carpet!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Take 2
From Crowd Ignite