Eva Mendes tested dog shock collar on herself
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News5 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: VLB/ZOJ/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News10 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: © Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
Actress Eva Mendes tested her dog's shock collar on herself before putting it on her beloved pet to make sure the device was safe for her pooch.
The "Hitch" star invested in a special collar to prevent Hugo, her Belgian Shepherd, from harming smaller animals.
However, she was so concerned the gadget would hurt her pet, she tried it out on her own arm first -- and was surprised by the powerful jolt it gave out. Mendes tells talk show host David Letterman "All he (Hugo) wants to do is prove his love to me, you know, all he wants to do is kill for me. It's so sweet. (But) I'd feel terrible if he hurt a little thing so I try to get in there and I use - people always get mad at me for this - but I use a shock collar on him and I have the remote. But I've tried it on myself at all levels. I swear!...
RELATED: BING: Moonlighting Celebs
"I do not do it on my neck. I tested it on my arm. It's more than a tingle, it's way more than tingle. Oh, remember when we were kids and we had that jokey thing where you shake hands and ahh that thing (hand buzzer)? It's like that but intensified the higher you go with the levels."
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »