Family: Brittany Murphy was ill days before death
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: HG1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Brittany Murphy's family told Los Angeles officials the actress was ill with flu-like symptoms in the days before her death at age 32.
The 32-year-old star of films such as "Clueless" and "8 Mile" died Sunday morning after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says they will conduct an autopsy Monday to try to determine what killed the actress. Winter says the reported illness could be a contributing factor to her death, but that it will be weeks before a final determination is made.
Winter says Murphy's death appears to be from natural causes.
Winter says prescription medications were taken from Murphy's home and officials will contact her personal physician to get a better sense of her medical history.
Funeral arrangements for Murphy have not been announced.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite