George Clooney Auctioning off Rare Car for Sudan Aid
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 13
- Photo: ONLA/GSI2 of 13
- Photo: A.M.P.A.S. / Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: QIB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: © Luca Ghidoni / Omega / Capital Pictures / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
WENN -- George Clooney is aiming to raise more than $100,000 to aid the victims of war-torn Sudan by auctioning off his limited-edition electric car. The actor and humanitarian has long been involved with raising awareness about the humanitarian crisis in the troubled African republic, and he is hoping to boost funds for aid in the area with the sale of his rare black metallic 2008 Tesla Roadster.
The eco-friendly Signature 100 vehicle, which features a two-tone leather interior and has just 1,700 miles on the odometer, is set to go on the auction block at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance auction by Gooding & Co. on Aug. 18. The funds will benefit Clooney's Satellite Sentinel Project, set up to monitor the actions of warlords in Sudan in an effort to prevent another civil war between the country and the newly-independent South Sudan.
David Gooding, president of the auction firm, says, "We are overjoyed to present George Clooney's Signature 100 Tesla at Pebble Beach because this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a modern collector car with all the right elements: one-owner, celebrity provenance; historical significance; limited-edition rarity and philanthropic ties."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite