George Clooney, Elisabetta Canalis Split
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: KPA/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Attention, ladies: George Clooney is back on the market.
After two years together, he and Italian actress/model Elisabetta Canalis have called it quits. "We are not together anymore," the duo tells Us Weekly in a joint statement. "It's very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."
All seemed well for the jet-setting pair -- who spent tons of time together, often with their families, at Clooney's Lake Como estate in Italy -- recently.
"I am very happy at the moment - thanks to my man and my fairytale is continuing," Canalis, 32, told Italian magazine Chi in its June issue. "We are a couple that never gets bored."
But the notoriously private Clooney, 49, revealed in January that he wouldn't wed again -- not Canalis or anyone, for that matter.
"I was married," he quipped on Piers Morgan Tonight. "I gave it a shot." (Clooney and actress Talia Balsam were wed from 1989 to 1993.)
Yet Canalis seemed less averse to walking down the aisle. "I am a firm believer in marriage," she told Chi. "In the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am," she says. "I don't need anything to confirm how happy I am."
"[George] reassures me all the time," Canalis said in a late 2010 chat with Italian Vanity Fair. "I feel more embraced than ever before. The idea of being so loved is overwhelming...George has given color back to my life."
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite