- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 36
- Photo: DMac/Fame Flynet2 of 36
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 36
- Photo: Zeus/Donny/Fame Flynet4 of 36
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks5 of 36
- Photo: Nick Sadler/Invision/AP6 of 36
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 36
- Photo: JACSON/Fame Flynet8 of 36
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 36
- Photo: Selena Gomez/Twitter10 of 36
- Photo: Reinhold Matay/Invision/AP11 of 36
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 36
- Photo: COBO/GSI13 of 36
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 36
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage15 of 36
- Photo: GRPR/GSI16 of 36
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks17 of 36
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com18 of 36
- Photo: Fame Flynet19 of 36
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP20 of 36
- Photo: Bruja/Rachid Ait/PacificCoastNews.com21 of 36
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks22 of 36
- Photo: Twitter23 of 36
- Photo: selenagomez/Instagram24 of 36
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com25 of 36
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks26 of 36
- Photo: Twitter27 of 36
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage28 of 36
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News29 of 36
- Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America30 of 36
- Photo: Chris Polk/Getty Images North America31 of 36
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin32 of 36
- Photo: A.Macpherson/T.Gillis/Splash News33 of 36
- Photo: SDFL/Splash News34 of 36
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News35 of 36
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage36 of 36
By Kat Giantis
Selena Gomez is growing bolder with her epidermal etchings. Eight months after she first went under the needle to get a tiny musical note tattooed on her wrist, the starlet, 20, has permanently inscribed a new ink stain, this time on the back of her neck.
On Saturday, Selena stopped by a celebrity-friendly tattoo parlor in New York, where she had the Roman numerals LXXVI (that adds up to 76, for the math-impaired) imprinted just below her hairline.
The significance of the tat, which you can see here?
"The tattoo was a tribute to a family member who she said means a lot to her," explains tattoo artist Bang Bang (via the London Daily Mail). "Selena was nervous it might have been painful, so she held her best friend's hand the whole time. But she did a great job."
Bang Bang has permanently branded the famous skin of everyone from Rihanna to Katy Perry, although Gomez likely ended up tapping his needle skills on the recommendation of her marked-up boyfriend, Justin Bieber, whose "Believe" tattoo in the crook of his left arm is a Bang Bang original.
In between decorating her neck, Selena took part in Saturday's Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park, where, as a UNICEF ambassador, she helped raise awareness for wiping out poverty.
RELATED ON MSN AND WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFeathered Frocks
From Crowd Ignite