- Photo: Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital5 of 16
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: © RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Handout/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: JEFF CHRISTENSEN/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Toby Canham/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital15 of 16
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News16 of 16
By Kat Giantis
Is Amanda Bynes planning a pre-emptive rehab strike? Could be, according to Rumor Fix, which believes the troubled vehicular menace may be about to check into a 30-day in-patient program at a Southern California treatment center.
It appears Bynes, 26, whose BMW was impounded on Sunday after she was pulled over (yet again) for driving with a suspended license, could be opting for rehab to help steer clear of possible jail time on a DUI charge and two alleged hit-and-runs.
If the rehab report is true, treatment might be the best place for the starlet, whose car problems have culminated in recent days with cry-for-help behavior such as smoking a suspicious substance behind the wheel (she insists it was tobacco) and driving aimlessly around the Burbank Airport (because clearly no one notices odd conduct at an airport).
Meanwhile, TMZ claims she's rebuffed friends' offers of help, insisting "everything's fine" and that reports she's suffering from mental health issues "are being blown way out of proportion."
Either way, perhaps rehab could help focus Amanda on what's important in life, a list that doesn't include anything tweeted by Lindsay Lohan.
Seems Bynes didn't appreciate her fellow cautionary tale of childhood fame tweeting about her endless string of vehicular incidents.
"Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far?" kvetched Lindsay, whose greatest hits include two DUI arrests, multiple probation violations and an alleged car chase down the Pacific Coast Highway.
(Also: Cram it with walnuts, Lindsay.)
Amanda supposedly texted a friend on Monday and railed, "I HATE being compared to her," because unlike Lindsay, she hasn't spent time in the pokey or been busted for drugs.
Bynes believes Lohan "needs to focus on herself and leave her alone."
So, here's a question for the ages: Why is Hollywood resurrecting the '80s cheese-fest that was "Manimal" but these two still aren't booked for a joint reality show?
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Take a look back at the Kardashians' makeup-free selfies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »