- Photo: Henry S. Dziekan III/WireImage1 of 28
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com2 of 28
- Photo: Amanda Edwards/WireImage3 of 28
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 28
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 28
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital6 of 28
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP7 of 28
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 28
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News9 of 28
- Photo: Ronald Zak/Invision/AP10 of 28
- Photo: Starface.ru/Splash News11 of 28
- Photo: Andre Penner/Invision/AP12 of 28
- Photo: GVK/WENN13 of 28
- Photo: George Pimentel/Getty Images North America14 of 28
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 28
- Photo: Invision/AP16 of 28
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP17 of 28
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com18 of 28
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com19 of 28
- Photo: Twitter/.20 of 28
- Photo: © RD / Kirkland/Retna Digital21 of 28
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP22 of 28
- Photo: Scott Sine/WENN23 of 28
- Photo: RD / Kabik/Retna Digital24 of 28
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN25 of 28
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN26 of 28
- Photo: VPC/Wonderwall27 of 28
- Photo: Splash News28 of 28
By Kat Giantis
Alas, lovesick puppy-dog eyes and public mea culpas do not a reconciliation make. Sources tell People that Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher won't be reuniting, despite their supposedly emotional meet-up last week in Los Angeles.
A British tabloid claimed the estranged pair were still "desperately in love" and hoping to reunite following their face time at a May 24th birthday party for Kabbalah instructor Yehuda Berg, who officiated their 2005 wedding.
But People paints a far less romanticized portrait of their rendezvous.
"They were friendly," recalls a spy. "Ashton got up at one point and grabbed coffee in a paper cup for Demi, and they smiled a few times during the program at each other. They seemed to get along and feel comfortable."
That said, "Ashton and Demi won't go back to being what they were," affirms another insider.
He "will always support" his rehabbed missus, but "the relationship has evolved and will continue to," explains the mole. "There are just too many issues to go back. It's about figuring out how to move forward into a new place."
Kutcher was seen hanging out last week with stepdaughter Rumer Willis, and "the family is in a pretty good place right now," says the source. "Ashton will always be a part of their lives, especially with regard to the girls and how close he is with them."
Demi, for her part, helped fuel the reunion rumblings by posting a series of self-help-style tweets that many figured were aimed at Ashton (e.g., "We all make mistakes. Don't let that be the reason you give up on somebody"). But she was quick to quiet the conclusions being drawn.
Tweeted Moore on Sunday, "You have to laugh at the media's need to twist and take tweets out of context so they can create fictitious stories to sell to the public!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Gisele Bundchen posts pics of her bikini body and beach vacation with hubby Tom Brady and daughter Vivian on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Naomi Watts dishes on the secret to staying in touch with her inner child and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
From Behati Prinsloo to Kim Kardashian, check out the celebrities who've found themselves in compromising positions.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite