- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: 4CRNS/Bruce/GALLO/FAMEFLYNET PIC/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter6 of 14
- Photo: GADE/GSI7 of 14
- Photo: Rich Polk/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP11 of 14
- Photo: DB5/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: GADE/GSI13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kat Giantis
Once upon a time, for about a hot minute, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Esposito were husband and wife. The marriage lasted less than five months, from December 2006 to April 2007. After they parted ways, he went on to worldwide fame and a couple of Oscar nominations, while she went on to pen her memoirs after getting the ax from the series "Blue Bloods."
The New York Daily News got a peek at her new tome, "Jennifer's Way," which mainly chronicles her struggles with celiac disease, and says she uses one of the chapters to take a swipe or three at her ex.
While Esposito never refers to Cooper by name, she describes meeting a guy who was "funny, smart, cocky, arrogant and a master manipulator." Which doesn't exactly narrow down the field in Hollywood.
Anyhoo, he asked her out, and even though she didn't "necessarily find him that attractive" and saw "an entire marching band squad of red flags," she accepted because she didn't believe the romance would go anywhere.
Still, they started dating, despite the mystery man having a "mean, cold side" and a "personality [that] could flip on a dime."
According to Esposito, the relationship was "unhealthy" and focused primarily on him; she was "a non-issue" and felt her health issues were "sidelined."
"I became very sad, and I felt very alone," she writes. The romance apparently came to a head after the former "Samantha Who?" actress attended a seminar at the Agape International Spiritual Center in Los Angeles.
"Within days, my relationship hit an all-time low, and within a week it was over," she recalls. "Abruptly, rudely, and with the exact callousness that I'd come to expect from him."
The Daily News put on its Sherlock Holmes hat (i.e., used a calendar and IMDb) to determine that Esposito was most likely talking about her brief union to Cooper.
"It was just something that happened," Bradley told Howard Stern of the marriage back in 2011. "The good thing, we both realized it. … Sometimes you just realize it. It just wasn't right."
Cooper went on to date Renee Zellweger, Zoe Saldana and current girlfriend Suki Waterhouse, while Esposito ended an engagement to tennis player Mark Philippoussis before falling for her current fiancé, British model Louis Dowler, who dated Kate Winslet in 2010.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite