- Photo: Rex USA1 of 9
- Photo: Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: People4 of 9
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/AP5 of 9
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kat Giantis
Wow, we sure are getting a wealth of information about George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin. In addition to details on the 7-plus-carat sparkler he slipped on the British attorney's finger (he helped design it) and the reasons why he finally decided to settle down (he's "matured and evolved"), we now have the setting of the actual proposal.
According to Page Six, the Oscar-winning Sexiest Man Alive asked for Amal's hand at his Los Angeles estate during a "romantic dinner" a deux that he prepared with his own two hands.
"George cooked a meal himself for Amal at home on April 22, then he surprised her by getting down on bended knee and presenting her with the ring," shares a source. "He was so happy she accepted, he was calling friends with the news later that night."
Sounds low-key and classy, much like the couple themselves. It's also a refreshing change from the trend toward elaborate proposals (see Kanye West's use of a stadium, orchestra and Jumbotron message pleading "PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!" when he asked Kim Kardashian to be his wife).
The night after their engagement, George, 52, and Amal, 36, showed the ring off to friends while dining at Craig's restaurant in L.A. They were "just beaming," a source tells People. "Everyone was toasting and laughing."
As for when the twosome of less than year plan to head down the aisle, that depends whom you ask.
While a Clooney confidant hints at a long engagement to People, Alamuddin's family believes it could happen in September, a timeline echoed by the Post.
"It's only four months away, but they want to get married at the end of the summer, in early September, before Amal returns to work," an insider tells the paper.
Just don't expect the nuptials to take place at Clooney's villa in Lake Como, Italy.
"Lake Como would be a beautiful wedding location, but it may not give them any privacy," explains the spy. "It is very easy for the public and paparazzi to see into the property."
Perhaps George's friends Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie could lend him their French chateau.
As to the inevitable question of kids, a People source says it hasn't even come up: "I don't think either of them has ever talked about wanting kids."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite