- Photo: WENN1 of 24
- Photo: Rex Features/StarTraks2 of 24
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN3 of 24
- Photo: STEFANIE KEENAN/GettyImages.com4 of 24
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 24
- Photo: NICK SADLER/StarTraks6 of 24
- Photo: FDU19/WENN7 of 24
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 24
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN.com/WENN9 of 24
- Photo: JE1/WENN10 of 24
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP11 of 24
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 24
- Photo: Splash News13 of 24
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 24
- Photo: KH1/WENN15 of 24
- Photo: Reuters16 of 24
- Photo: Paul White/Invision/AP17 of 24
- Photo: LOUIS LANZANO/Invision/AP18 of 24
- Photo: David Youdell / Headpress/Retna Digital19 of 24
- Photo: Invision/AP20 of 24
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage21 of 24
- Photo: RAK/ZO6/WENN22 of 24
- Photo: Paul White/Invision/AP23 of 24
- Photo: Paul White/Invision/AP24 of 24
By Kat Giantis
Has Russell Crowe been hiding a gentlemanly side? The ornery Oscar winner leaped to defend the honor of Dita Von Teese amid rumblings that they recently shared an early morning rubdown-a-deux at a luxury hotel.
It all began when the New York Post claimed Crowe, who reportedly parted ways with wife Danielle Spencer in October after nine years and two sons together, was spied with the burlesque queen last month at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York. They supposedly indulged in a "romantic couple's massage" at 6:30 a.m.
The sighting followed a few flirtatious tweets from Russell, 48, who apparently reposted some of Dita's more titillating messages referencing her Hermes riding crop and her garter belts.
But Crowe, who earlier denied reports of a hotel rendezvous with Billy Joel's foodie ex-wife Katie Lee (he called the whispers "false and cruel"), once again insists nothing untoward is going on.
Dita "is brave, smart, sweet and elegant," he tweeted. "She is a friend of mine. Who wouldn't want friends like that? Friends, not lovers."
So, to recap: The newly single famous actor is just pals with the beautiful pin-up known for rolling around mostly naked in a supersized martini glass. Got it.
For her part, Von Teese, 40, doesn't appear to have a type, although her last two romances were with significantly younger men. The former missus of Marilyn Manson split with easy-on-the-eyes French aristocrat Louis-Marie de Castelbajac in early 2012. She was last linked to British pop singer Theo Hutchcraft.
Crowe, meanwhile, skipped Sunday's Golden Globes to spend time in Australia with his sons, Charles, 9, and Tennyson, 6.
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Ice Cream Social
Love is in the air for Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello, plus more Hollywood power couples on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »
From Chrissy Teigen to Jessica Simpson, check out the celebs rocking retro looks!Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »