- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 15
- Photo: WENN2 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures/Fame Flynet7 of 15
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin13 of 15
- Photo: WENN14 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com15 of 15
By Kat Giantis
Sean Penn has long had a soft spot for musical ladies. He married and divorced Madonna and dated Jewel. But has the cranky, weather-beaten Oscar winner set his sights on Florence Welch?
The London Daily Mail claims Penn, 52, "hit it off instantly" with the titian-haired British chanteuse, 26, when they met at a charity event late last month in Los Angeles (see pic below).
"Sean was flirting with her all evening," says an insider, "and they got along like a house on fire." So much so that the actor purportedly "asked to meet up with her again."
But a Penn source pooh-poohs the story, telling Gossip Cop it's "exaggerated" and the paper is "making something out of nothing."
Sean, who dated Scarlett Johansson after his divorce from Robin Wright was finalized, was last seen in the company of his sometime squeeze, model Petra Nemcova. Florence called it quits with boyfriend James Nesbitt in September, ostensibly to focus on her career.
Check out Salma Hayek's most wonderfully wacky Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Find out all about Hilary's experience with the dating app on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Do blondes or brunettes have more fun? Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara dish at the Los Angeles premiere of "Hot Pursuit."Watch Video »
Watch this trailer for Cameron Diaz's and Jason Segel's new movie "Bad Teacher."Watch Video »
Brooke Shields: 'Skanky' on 'The Middle'
Brooke Shields goes trashy -- sporting a mullet, a tattoo, a cold sore and drinking beer -- but...Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »