- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America3 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: Rob Carr/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Anthea Simms / CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE/Bauer-Griffin12 of 17
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com13 of 17
- Photo: KB4/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com15 of 17
- Photo: Marcus Hoffman/WENN16 of 17
By Kat Giantis
Michael Douglas made a point of thanking his estranged wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, when he accepted his Emmy on Sept. 22, and he assured multiple media outlets that they were just taking "a little break," not necessarily breaking up.
Still, the couple's camp is throwing cold water on talk that they've reconciled.
"They're not back together," a source tells People. "People are getting ahead of themselves."
This week, a British tabloid claimed that Douglas, 69, and Zeta-Jones, 44, were in the process of kissing and making up.
"Michael's asked Catherine to give things another try, and she's agreed," an insider alleged to the London Sun. "It's not just for the sake of the children. When they're good, they're amazing together, so they're hammering out their issues at their home. It's good news, and Catherine is on top of the world."
Not so, according to People, which says "they're not spending time together," although they are still talking and wearing their wedding rings.
Catherine reportedly marked the occasion with their children, Dylan, 13, and Carys, 10, in New York, while Michael celebrated at (stars-are-just-like-our-parents alert) an Outback steakhouse in New Mexico, where he's shooting "The Reach."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Nick Jonas, Hugh Jackman and more stars share videos of themselves working out for the Gimmie Five challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See the first photos of Jimmy Fallon's daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candice Swanepoel, Sarah Jessica Parker, and La La Anthony all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »