Nicole Kidman Gets Candid on Tom, Katie and Her Struggle to Conceive
- Photo: WHO magazine/WENN1 of 29
- Photo: Charles Krupa/Invision/AP2 of 29
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 29
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA4 of 29
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 29
- Photo: JOSEPH KERLAKIAN/StarTraks6 of 29
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 29
- Photo: BRENDAN BEIRNE / Rex USA/.8 of 29
- Photo: BRENDAN BEIRNE/Rex USA9 of 29
- Photo: DAVID G. MORGAN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 29
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 29
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 29
- Photo: Uwe Kuessner/Newspix/Rex USA13 of 29
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 29
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP15 of 29
- Photo: Hahn/Marechal/Nebinger/StarTraks16 of 29
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage17 of 29
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP18 of 29
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin19 of 29
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage20 of 29
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage21 of 29
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage22 of 29
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com23 of 29
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com24 of 29
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage25 of 29
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin26 of 29
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com27 of 29
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital28 of 29
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com29 of 29
By Kat Giantis
"I never spoke to her," Kidman (aka Mrs. Cruise No. 2) tells Australia's WHO magazine of reports that she advised Holmes (aka Mrs. Cruise No. 3) during her divorce. "I wish all of them well, but I was not involved in any of that."
Nicole, 45, parted ways with Tom in 2001, but insists she harbors no ill will over their decade-long marriage.
"I married [Tom] really fast and really young, but I don't regret that because it got me [kids] Bella and Connor, and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period," she says. "Then when it didn't work out, I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression, but I have no regrets about all of it. It was all a part of growing up."
She describes her life post-divorce as the "loneliest, loneliest existence" until she fell in love with fellow Aussie Keith Urban.
"I never, ever take Keith or our love for granted," says Kidman, who married the country crooner in 2006, "and I always keep in my mind that my dream is to grow very old with him."
Kidman also talks openly about her struggle to conceive.
"I had tried and failed and failed," she shares. "Not to be too detailed, but I've had an ectopic pregnancy, miscarriages and I've had fertility treatments. I've done all the stuff you can possibly do to try get pregnant. … Every woman who has been through all those ups and downs knows the depression that comes with it."
She calls the 2008 birth of daughter Sunday Rose "the miracle in my life," acknowledging, "I had so much time thinking that wasn't going to happen in my life and trying to understand that. When it did happen -- and for it to be a surprise -- that was great."
Less than two years later, Kidman and Urban added daughter Faith to their family via a surrogate.
"All my kids are highlights of my life," states Kidman. "I remember when we adopted Bella, her looking at me for the very first time. That is extremely powerful, like a kind of birth, too. They are all my biggest joys."
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »