- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 25
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 25
- Photo: Jae Donnelly/USMagazine3 of 25
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 25
- Photo: MPNC/GSI5 of 25
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet6 of 25
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin7 of 25
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN8 of 25
- Photo: Edward Opinaldo/Pacific Coast News9 of 25
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks10 of 25
- Photo: Yumeto Yamazak/StarTraks11 of 25
- Photo: Christopher Jue/StarTraks12 of 25
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 25
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP16 of 25
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage17 of 25
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks18 of 25
- Photo: JOCHEN ZICK/StarTraks19 of 25
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks21 of 25
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks22 of 25
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Jackson Lee/Splash News23 of 25
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News24 of 25
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN25 of 25
By Kat Giantis
Jason Segel sure is a romantic guy, at least according to the tabloids. A swoon-worthy story retold this week in both Star magazine and Australia's Woman's Day claims the funnyman arranged an elaborate proposal for Michelle Williams, his girlfriend of about five months.
His purported accomplice in the would-be question-popping, which the tabs believe took place a couple weeks back as the actress promoted "Oz: The Great and Powerful" at the San Diego Comic-Con: her 6-year-old daughter, Matilda.
Take it away, anonymous Star source: "Jason arranged to have Michelle's hotel suite covered in purple flowers -- her favorite color. He also had Matilda sitting on Michelle's bed, holding a lavender bouquet for her mom."
Just the right combination of cute and cornball, right? Like something out of one of Segel's movies, only in his version, there wouldn't be a kid around, and he'd be caught off guard and awkwardly naked.
"When Michelle came in and picked up Matilda to give her a kiss, she saw a little note from Jason attached to the bouquet," continues the snitch. "It simply said, 'Will you marry me?' And that was that! Pure and simple, just the way they like it."
Anything to add, Woman's Day spy? "He flew in from New Jersey with Matilda on Michelle's last day at Comic-Con. It was tough making it a surprise because he's been telling her from day one that he was going to marry her."
Alas, as adorable and "totally in love" as Michelle and Jason are, and as much as we're rooting for them, the flowery proposal reports aren't true, say sources close to both stars (via E! News and Gossip Cop).
But the pair are still very much an item, and Segel looks to have bonded with Matilda, who lost dad Heath Ledger in 2008. Plus, the National Enquirer (we know, we know) is confident a bigger commitment is in the cards.
"Heath was 24/7 intensity, but Jason lives to make Michelle laugh, and that's pretty hard for a gal to resist," opines a source. "Plus, he's shown he'd make a great daddy. Bet on a marriage by the end of the year."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Vin Diesel and "Furious 7" co-stars chat losing Paul Walker and what it meant to have his real-life brothers fill in to complete his role in the film.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Cute Fam Moments!
Check out Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.'s cutest family moments on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Dwayne Johnson chats "Furious 7" and dishes on his teen daughter's love of trucks with Wonderwall.Watch Video »