- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 20
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: Brandon Todd/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: LTA/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Twentieth Century Fox12 of 20
- Photo: Brandon Todd/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Apega/WENN19 of 20
By Kat Giantis
Rift rumblings began last month, when the ornery actor, 50, flew solo at the Cannes Film Festival and was supposedly seen in the company of two "super-hot" ladies, one blond and the other brunette.
ScarJo, 26, who was first linked to Penn in January, a month after parting ways with Ryan Reynolds after two years of marriage, stayed put on the New Mexico set of "The Avengers."
Word of the breakup follows months of cozy sightings between the nicotine-fueled flames, who never actually confirmed they were an item.
The coupling was cemented when Sean invited Scarlett to be his plus-one to Reese Witherspoon's March wedding to CAA agent Jim Toth.
"They are totally head over heels in love," a source gushed to People in April. "They make each other feel good. They're both kind of unique and a little bit dark, but together they're a good match."
Just not good enough, it seems. Reps have yet to comment.
What do you think of Scarlett and Sean's bust-up? And who do you think the starlet should date next? Tell us in the comments.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Cara Delevingne parties with Sam Smith, Douglas Booth and more famous friends on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Emmy Gab Fest
Wonderwall's Briana Lane chats with Padma Lakshmi, LL Cool J and more stars on the 2010 Emmy Awards red carpet.Watch Video »
GG Party Video
Wonderwall chats with Mark Ruffalo and more stars at the NBC/Universal Golden Globes after party.Watch Video »
From Britney Spears’ body to her love life, get all the buzz on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sienna Miller, Miranda Lambert, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out North West’s adorable moments on Kim Kardashian's Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Love
From Crowd Ignite