- Photo: Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage15 of 16
By Kat Giantis
As the saying goes, in humor, there is truth. Or maybe that's wine. Whichever. The point is, before calling it quits with Katy Perry, Russell Brand made what turned out to be an unfortunate joke about his marital vows in a promotional video for a November college comedy tour.
In the vid, the British funnyman discusses his desire to increase his limited knowledge of sororities (he wonders if "they are sort of sex clubs for women") before jokingly removing his ring for the camera.
"I'm going to place this somewhere very, very safe for the next week," he quips.
Or maybe longer.
At the time, however, Katy found the hint-of-infidelity bit funny. On Nov. 16, the popster shared a link to the video with her 13 million-plus Twitter followers, asking for support for her "fowl [sic] mouthed hubby."
A little more than a month later, Russell filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
This week, Perry bowed out of an appearance at Wednesday's People's Choice Awards, a decision likely brought on by both the breakup fallout and her parents' controversial appearance last week at an Ohio church.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco dishes on the minor disaster that occurred during her wedding, marriage fever on the set of "The Wedding Ringer" and more!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »