Griffith and Banderas given code names for Obama visit
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE4 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Mark Avery/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Digital10 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Ochoa de Olza/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla/ALFAQUI/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Paramount Pictures15 of 17
- Photo: WENN16 of 17
Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas went to great lengths to ensure the safety of U.S. President Barack Obama during a recent fundraising gala at their home, and were even given code names from the Secret Service for the party.
The American leader headed to California in October (2011) as part of his three-day trip to garner donations for his re-election campaign, and the Hollywood couple opened its home for a bash, hosted by Eva Longoria, aimed at raising funds from Hispanic donors.
Security was tight at Banderas and Griffith's mansion, and the Spanish actor reveals the whole family were given strict instructions in a bid to keep Obama safe.
"The Mask of Zorro" star tells U.K. chat show Graham Norton, "We had a benefit for Barack Obama. We received the President of the United States in our home! It makes me laugh because it is not something you do every day.
"We all had, in the family, code names, for security. The Secret Service (gave us the name). I was Zorro."
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »