Gwyneth Paltrow On Bad Cleanse Experience: It 'Left Me Hallucinating After 10 Days'
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Christian Rudnik/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: JE1/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA10 of 17
- Photo: Picasa/GOOP/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks12 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: Glamour14 of 17
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: NBC16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
It's no secret that Gwyneth Paltrow is a fan of diet and exercise trends -- but one that she tried in her 20s came at a high cost: "hallucinating after 10 days."
"I've done juice cleanses in the past, and in my 20s, I did the Master Cleanse, which left me hallucinating after 10 days," she admitted in a column she penned for the UK's Telegraph. "Be aware: a juice detox can crash your metabolism and lead to future weight gain."
The Goop founder dished out that helpful piece of advice and more for the paper on Monday. According to the mother-of-two (to kids Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, with husband Chris Martin, 36), it's also more productive to measure weight loss in inches, not pounds.
"There is something punitive about weighing yourself," she wrote. "It can leave you vulnerable to shame and guilt, and it messes with you psychologically. Women naturally gain and lose weight during their monthly cycle anyway, so it can be more realistic to monitor your body shape with a measuring tape."
This isn't the first time the lifestyle guru has offered her unsolicited advice to fans. Paltrow, 40, also recently chatted with British Cosmopolitan about her take on aging and Botox.
"I don't like Botox. I think on some faces it works, but it's when you can really see it that it start to look fake," she said. "I love how French actresses age but don't really do anything about it -- it's beautiful."
Paltrow instead prefers to stay fit with a regular workout routine -- the Tracy Anderson Method -- and a balanced diet, with the occasional cheat.
"Allow yourself programmed treats -- I often have a glass of red wine in the evening and smoke a cigarette on a Saturday," she advised readers in the Telegraph column. "I love those moments because they are just the right amount of naughty."
"That balance keeps you vibrant," she concluded. "You have to live your life, after all."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite