Gwyneth Paltrow, Sophia Bush Related to Arizona Shooting Victims
- Photo: (AP Photo/Evan Agostini)/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/GettyImages.com2 of 8
- Photo: Paul Redmond/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Jason Buehler/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: Nina Westervelt5 of 8
- Photo: Pop/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Hollywood is reeling along with the rest of the country following Saturday's shocking shooting near Tuscon, Ariz. -- particularly Gwyneth Paltrow and Sophia Bush, who are related to two victims in the tragedy.
Over the weekend, a gunman named Jared Lee Loughner opened fire at a supermarket during a town hall meeting held by Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords -- leaving six dead and critically injuring over a dozen, including Giffords.
Among those killed: Christina Green, a 9-year-old girl who is Sophia Bush's second cousin.
"There are no words to explain what my cousin's family is going through in Arizona. How can this be? Violence is never the answer," "One Tree Hill" actress Bush tweeted after the incident. "She was my 2nd cousin ... Devastating."
The little girl was born on Sept. 11, 2001, and her grief-stricken mom Roxanna Green told the New York Times: "From the very beginning, she was an amazing child ... She was very bright, very mature, off the charts. She was the brightest thing that happened [on Sept. 11.]"
U.S. Representative Giffords -- a 40 year-old mother of two -- is the first cousin of Paltrow's late father, director Bruce Paltrow.
Although the "Country Strong" star has never met her cousin, who was shot in the head, she told Entertainment Tonight:
"Although I have never had the pleasure of meeting congresswoman Giffords, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family as well as the other victims of this horrible act of senseless violence."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStunning Shots
From Crowd Ignite