Jonah Hill explains Aussie beach rescue drama
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details6 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details7 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details8 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Michael Kovac/.13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Splash News16 of 17
Jonah Hill has spoken out to dismiss reports he was rescued by lifeguards during a swim with Channing Tatum in Australia this week, insisting he didn't need saving from the water.
RELATED: Best Off-Season Beach Bodies
The funnyman jetted Down Under with his "21 Jump Street" co-star to promote the new movie, and shortly after landing, they headed to Tamarama Beach in Sydney.
However, their swim was interrupted when two lifeguards on surfboards ordered Hill back to shore after he swam out too far, and subsequent reports suggested he had been involved in a dramatic rescue.
Hill tells News.com.au, "I come to Australia and go for a swim at Tamarama. I look back and see Channing is like a mile behind me... he's really far away. Two guys on surfboards then come up to me and say, 'You shouldn't be out this far.' So I swim back to Channing and we get out of the water.
"The next day we hear, 'Oh, you had to be rescued by two guys yesterday.' This is like the worst rumor, that I'm some loser who had to be air-rescued. I was a mile out further than any of the locals. I was just being awesome. I was going to choke a shark on my thighs if it had come to it.
"We had a blast. ... We had been drinking a lot before we went out swimming. And we had just got off a 14-hour flight, so we were ready to go."
RELATED: Beach Cruising: Summer Stragglers
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Copying Kim K.
"Ted 2" star Jessica Barth reveals the celebrities she channeled for her on-screen alter ego.Watch Video »
See what Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend has to say on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The cast of "Southpaw" dishes on dealing with anger with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »