Jonah Hill explains Aussie beach rescue drama
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details6 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details7 of 17
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Details8 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Michael Kovac/.13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Splash News16 of 17
Jonah Hill has spoken out to dismiss reports he was rescued by lifeguards during a swim with Channing Tatum in Australia this week, insisting he didn't need saving from the water.
RELATED: Best Off-Season Beach Bodies
The funnyman jetted Down Under with his "21 Jump Street" co-star to promote the new movie, and shortly after landing, they headed to Tamarama Beach in Sydney.
However, their swim was interrupted when two lifeguards on surfboards ordered Hill back to shore after he swam out too far, and subsequent reports suggested he had been involved in a dramatic rescue.
Hill tells News.com.au, "I come to Australia and go for a swim at Tamarama. I look back and see Channing is like a mile behind me... he's really far away. Two guys on surfboards then come up to me and say, 'You shouldn't be out this far.' So I swim back to Channing and we get out of the water.
"The next day we hear, 'Oh, you had to be rescued by two guys yesterday.' This is like the worst rumor, that I'm some loser who had to be air-rescued. I was a mile out further than any of the locals. I was just being awesome. I was going to choke a shark on my thighs if it had come to it.
"We had a blast. ... We had been drinking a lot before we went out swimming. And we had just got off a 14-hour flight, so we were ready to go."
RELATED: Beach Cruising: Summer Stragglers
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Nick Jonas, Hugh Jackman and more stars share videos of themselves working out for the Gimmie Five challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Behind the Scenes
Jennifer Lopez previews her new music video and more stars share behind-the-scenes photos from set on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »