Hugh Jackman: I Only Work Out Because I'm Paid To
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Todd G / Macca/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler / Splash News/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Beiny/Fu/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Carlos Costas/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional15 of 16
Hugh Jackman knows where his bread is buttered.
The 42-year-old "Real Steel" star graces the October cover of Men's Fitness, where the actor admits he wouldn't be nearly as in shape if it weren't for his career as an action hero.
"I don't really enjoy training. People say it's addictive, but I'm like, 'not so much,'" Jackman says. "If I weren't getting paid or didn't have a character like Wolverine to maintain, I would just be a tall, lean, fit guy."
The Aussie, who went on a 6,000 calorie-a-day diet to bulk up for the next "Wolverine" movie, says maintaining his beefcake body has only gotten harder with age.
"Over the past three or four years it's gotten a lot tougher," Jackman tells Men's Fitness. "I have to eat a stricter diet. I have to train even harder. I can't get away with what I used to."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »