Hugh Jackman Losing 3 Pounds a Night on Broadway Show
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 20
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News3 of 20
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 20
- Photo: WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: C. Smith/Wonderwall7 of 20
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional11 of 20
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News12 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News14 of 20
- Photo: SKA/HSS/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional18 of 20
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional19 of 20
Is Hugh Jackman in danger of losing his buff body?
In an interview with NPR, the famously fit actor reveals he's been losing three to four pounds nightly from dancing in his new musical, "Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway."
"We started a week ago," the 43-year-old Aussie said. "They've already taken my pants in three times."
Jackman, who once consumed 6,000 calories a day to beef up for his film role as Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise, shares stories from his childhood and career in the Broadway show. He also incorporates anecdotes that feature his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, and their two children, Oscar, 11, and Ava, 6. According to Jackman, they also happen to be his toughest critics.
"I said, 'Guys, I want you to be really honest. My feelings won't be hurt. You can say whatever, but I just want to know if you like the show or not. Do you enjoy it?'" Jackman recalled. "And my son goes, 'You know, Dad, I really like it.'"
The actor's daughter Ava was less amused. "My daughter said, 'I find it a little boring,'" Jackman laughed. "I said, 'Fair enough. You're 6; I get it!'"
Despite his family's criticism, Jackman said he's having a blast performing on the Great White Way. "I sometimes pinch myself that I'm getting the chance -- it's like ultimate karaoke."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »