Hugh Jackman: My Wife "Gets Upset" When I'm Too Buff
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Bob Riha Jr/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: CMELVIN/Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Men's Fitness/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Stuart Morton/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Dreamworks/Promotional15 of 16
The world might ogle over Hugh Jackman's super-fit physique, but his biggest fan of all doesn't like it when he's too muscular!
"[My wife Deborra-Lee Furness is] always upset with me if I'm in really good shape," the 42-year-old X-Men star told Australia's News.com.au. "She's like, 'I think you're forgetting the contract of marriage -- ultimately everything is about me looking better, so enough with the training."
Jackman said Furness, 55, prefers him rough instead of buff. "Let me give you a little insight into my wife," he said. "I met her on a prison drama where I had tats all over my body and a mullet, and that turned her on. She likes the bad boys."
"Overall, Deb would say to me my job is to be out of shape so that she can look as good as possible," Jackman added.
The duo have been married for 15 years and have two children together: Ava, 6, and Oscar, 11.
But the Real Steel star admitted to the October issue of Men's Fitness that he mainly works out because it's part of his job.
"I don't really enjoy training. People say it's addictive, but I'm like, 'Not so much,'" he explained. "If I weren't getting paid or didn't have a character like Wolverine to maintain, I would just be a tall, lean, fit guy."
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »