Ian McKellen officiating Patrick Stewart's wedding
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: BEImages/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jonathan Drake/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall6 of 8
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Entertainment Tonight
Yup, it's true. McKellen is literally marrying Stewart -- but not in the way it sounds. McKellen announced on the British talk show "The Jonathan Ross Show" that he will preside over his 72-year-old "X-Men" co-star's upcoming nuptials to jazz singer Sunny Ozell, 35.
McKellen and Ross covered a wide range of subjects (the whole 15-minute interview is quite entertaining; we suggest watching it if you have the time), but when the topic of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" came up, the award-winning actor announced, "I'm going to marry Patrick," resulting in some hardy chuckles from the audience until he clarified, "How else do you put that? I'm going to officiate at his wedding."
And apparently this is not the first time that McKellen, 73, has presided over a wedding: He's united another couple in the U.K., "with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out," he said. McKellen, added that he wore a white gown to that affair, "something I bought in India that was rather fetching. You mustn't upstage the bride."
To which Ross quickly responded, "How can you not upstage [the bride] if you're floating in like some sort of cherub?"
We're betting McKellen won't be wearing a white gown this time around, lest he have a very angry bride on his hands. Though I bet she'd be OK with him donning his Gandalf the White garb -- who wouldn't want Gandalf the White to marry them?
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite