Insurance broker sentenced for scamming Tom Hanks
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Russ Elliot/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: Martin Harris / Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Inivision/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks15 of 16
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Southern California insurance broker who overcharged Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, hundreds of thousands of dollars has been sentenced to more than two years in federal prison.
City News Service says Jerry Goldman received a 27-month sentence on Monday. He also was ordered to pay about $840,000 in restitution.
Prosecutors claimed that between 1998 and 2011, Goldman inflated premiums by as much as 600 percent and created phony invoices to hide the scam.
The original indictment claimed that Goldman also bilked others including Andy Summers, the former guitarist for The Police.
The 60-year-old Thousand Oaks man pleaded guilty in April to mail fraud involving Hanks and Wilson.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Taylor's Cute Cat
Taylor Swift shares an adorable video of her new kitten taking a catnap on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »