- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Reefshots/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Reese and Jim Toth attend Deacon's soccer game on May 8 / Anthony/Pacific Coast News4 of 9
- Photo: Reese and Jim snapped on one of their first dates / Whittle/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Reese and Jim Toth out on April 24/Fame Pictures6 of 9
- Photo: Reese and Jim shop for soccer supplies with Deacon and Ava / AKM IMAGES/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Matt Smith/Pedro Andrade/Pacific Coast News8 of 9
By Kat Giantis
The tabloids seem awfully committed to shoving Reese Witherspoon down the aisle. A little more than a month after In Touch claimed that Jim Toth, her agent boyfriend of 10 months, was shopping for the "perfect engagement ring," Us Weekly has hopped on the bridal bandwagon by predicting an imminent betrothal.
"Jim is ready," says a source. "He's even designing the ring. He wants it to come from him and for it to be completely unique."
As for the alleged proposal, "He plans to make it private," blabs another insider (to a national publication). "[He'll] probably take her away or go to her farm in Ojai, California."
So much for the ostensible element of surprise.
The actress, by the by, is "poised to say yes," because, as a confidant explains, "She is happy, in love and definitely wants to settle down."
The joined-at-the-hip couple, whose low-key lifestyle includes exercising a deux, church on Sunday and family outings with Reese's kids, Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7, are reportedly now living in the Oscar winner's $5 million Los Angeles mansion as a "trial run."
RELATED: Reese rocks the nautical trend
"He takes care of her on an emotional level," a snitch opines of the former Mrs. Ryan Phillippe, who hooked up with Toth shortly after her two-year romance with Jake Gyllenhaal fizzled. "He has his life planned out, and that makes her confident."
And while Witherspoon's rep assures People that no question-popping has taken place, a spy explains, "Jim knows Reese is the one for him. It's what he's been waiting for. [Getting engaged] is a natural step for them, but they're not in a rush. There's no deadline, no timetable. But it's something in the future."
Read more Hot Gossip