James Franco Splits With Girlfriend of Five Years
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: MGM/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Animal Planet/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: NBC Universal/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: JamesFranco2011/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
James Franco has a new task on his mile-long to-do list: Get a new girlfriend.
The industrious actor, writer, artist and student has parted ways with Ahna O'Reilly, his actress girlfriend of five years.
"It's over," Franco, 33, admits in the August issue of Playboy (excerpted in the New York Daily News). In addition to his busy movie career, the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star has famously been pursuing multiple degrees at Yale, NYU, Columbia and other schools -- not to mention a stint on TV soap "General Hospital."
"We'd been living together in L.A. and then came to New York to go school for two years," Franco says of O'Reilly. "Then I signed up for more school at Yale. I think that was it for her."
Before he and O'Reilly began dating in 2006, Franco romanced actress Marla Sokoloff. He has also been romantically linked to Sienna Miller.
O'Reilly has appeared in films like "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," and this summer's "The Help," plus TV's "CSI: NY" and "The Vampire Diaries."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at six times Kylie Jenner wore the exact same outfit as big sis Kim Kardashian West.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »