James Franco Splits With Girlfriend of Five Years
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: MGM/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Animal Planet/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: NBC Universal/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: JamesFranco2011/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
James Franco has a new task on his mile-long to-do list: Get a new girlfriend.
The industrious actor, writer, artist and student has parted ways with Ahna O'Reilly, his actress girlfriend of five years.
"It's over," Franco, 33, admits in the August issue of Playboy (excerpted in the New York Daily News). In addition to his busy movie career, the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star has famously been pursuing multiple degrees at Yale, NYU, Columbia and other schools -- not to mention a stint on TV soap "General Hospital."
"We'd been living together in L.A. and then came to New York to go school for two years," Franco says of O'Reilly. "Then I signed up for more school at Yale. I think that was it for her."
Before he and O'Reilly began dating in 2006, Franco romanced actress Marla Sokoloff. He has also been romantically linked to Sienna Miller.
O'Reilly has appeared in films like "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," and this summer's "The Help," plus TV's "CSI: NY" and "The Vampire Diaries."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Nicole Kidman, Felicity Jones, and Marion Cotillard all get an F for their Oscar gowns.Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »
Jennifer Garner dishes on the most important lesson she's teaching her kids with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Kate Moss, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Rihanna all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Behati Prinsloo to Kim Kardashian, check out the celebrities who've found themselves in compromising positions.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTShe's back!
From Crowd Ignite