James Righton Acts Like 'Lovestruck Puppy' Around Fiancee Keira Knightley
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet1 of 10
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks2 of 10
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: TILLENDOVE/Bauer-Griffin5 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: MATT DUNHAM/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 10
Sure, Keira Knightley was initially attracted to the bad-boy rocker behavior of James Righton, 28.
Then the actress, 27, learned she could bring out a softer side of the Klaxons' keyboardist. "He can turn into this lovestruck puppy around her," a mutual pal tells Us Weekly of the couple, who announced their engagement in May.
The proposal was the result of a full-on campaign by his guy friends, says the pal, after they worried Knightley would slip away.
"Honestly, they're good for each other," says the confidant. "They love being engaged."
Prior to meeting Righton, Knightley dated actor Rupert Friend for more than five years; she confirmed the end of their relationship in December 2010.
The "Anna Karenina" star and the rocker's romance was first made public after they were photographed kissing in an East London park last April. According to reports, they were introduced by mutual pal Alexa Chung.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out everything you need to know about Caitlyn Jenner in two minutes.Watch Video »
Bares it All