Jamie Foxx's Sister Named Is Down Syndrome Ambassador
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: .2 of 16
- Photo: Starbux/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: © Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Craig Barritt/.6 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: AB5/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Simon Cardwell/Sony Pictures9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Fox/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: RWO/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Universal Pictures15 of 16
Oscar winner Jamie Foxx's sister DeOndra Dixon has been appointed the 2011 Ambassador for the Global Down Syndrome Foundation.
RELATED: Jamie and more celebs out and about
Foxx, whose younger sister DeOndra Dixon suffers from the condition, has been a longtime supporter of the organization and recently took the stage with his sibling at a charity fundraiser in Denver.
Foxx says that although their relationship is sometimes "challenging," he wouldn't trade it for anything.
He tells People magazine, "One thing people may not understand is that the person with special needs, the love that they give you is unfiltered. There is nothing in the way of them loving you and there is nothing in the way of them being upset with you either. You really get the true individual. It's challenging, but it is moments like this that make it all work. She's a superstar now."
Get out the vote
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
From Tori and Dean to Kendra and Hank, get the scoop on this reality TV couples who are struggling.Watch Video »
Kevin Frazier of "ET" talks to Rihanna, JLO, and more!Watch Video »
TCA Star Walk
Celebs talk to ET about their upcoming TV shows.Watch Video »
Jane Lynch shows off her new ring and the cast talks about what a difference a year makes.Watch Video »
Kate Hudson at the Yankee's Game!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Take 2
From Crowd Ignite