Jamie Foxx wants to reconcile with biological parents
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: Frank Micelotta for NFL/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 19
- Photo: @jamjamiefoxx/Instagram4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: James Coldrey/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Blayze/Splash News12 of 19
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks13 of 19
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: Jon Furniss Photography/Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage18 of 19
Jamie Foxx is attempting to reconcile with his biological parents who abandoned him more than four decades ago.
RELATED: The Brat Pack: Where are they now?
Foxx, born Eric Marlon Bishop, was left in the care of his mother's foster parents when he was seven months old and struggled to understand why his parents did not make contact with him as he grew up.
The "Django Unchained" star is now trying to build bridges with his parents and has even moved his mother, Louise, into his home in an effort to forge a relationship with her.
He tells Britain's The Sunday Times Magazine, "We're trying to learn (about) each other. The one thing I think is great is she's in the same house, because you realize certain things that you missed when you were growing up, like, 'Oh, I do that because of that,' or, 'Oh, I do this because of that.' It's profound."
Attempts to reconcile with his father, who has since converted to Islam, are a little more strained, but Foxx remains hopeful.
He says, "Fingers crossed, it will become a real thing. But the door is open. That's one thing I've learnt: always keep the door and your heart open. ... I don't hold a lot of grudges. ... But it's tough, y'know (sic)? Because there are questions, like, 'What happened? Where were you? Were you stricken with something? Could you not make it?' Growing up, I would always go, man ... I'm a good dude. I wasn't the kid getting in trouble. I was quarterback on the high school football team. And he only lived 28 miles away! So I always said to myself, y'know (sic), I'm gonna (sic) grade him a little harder for that, because he could have tried."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »