Jennifer Aniston had her 'awkward phase' during her 30s, Brad Pitt marriage
- Photo: Sam Levi/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/Getty Images North America5 of 9
- Photo: Dudley Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Um, awkward? In a new interview with Parade, Jennifer Aniston explains why she's happier than she's ever been in life -- even with her 45th birthday approaching in February. The "Friends" alumna says she doesn't miss her 30s at all, which just so happens to be the time in her life when she was married to Brad Pitt.
"That there's nothing to worry about -- although I don't think I had a care in the world at 25, either. That all started in my 30s, my awkward phase," she explained. "I'm a little bit of a late bloomer! But it doesn't matter to me because it just gets better. They do say youth is wasted on the young, but I feel just as youthful now -- if not more -- than I did when I was 25. I'm more in my body; I'm more in my mind. Life is full. Life is wonderful. We're very, very fortunate."
Aniston married Pitt in July 2000 when she was 31 years old. They finalized their divorce nearly five years later in October 2005. One month after, Pitt began dating his "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" co-star Angelina Jolie. The two are now parents to six children and became engaged in April 2012. Aniston, meanwhile, became engaged to her "Wanderlust" co-star, Justin Theroux, back in August 2012.
Aniston told Parade that she feels completely comfortable with Theroux. "I feel most beautiful when I'm just at home with Justin Theroux in the morning," she shared. "Or any time of day I'm with him."
Indeed, the "We're the Millers" star couldn't be any happier with her life and career at the moment.
"My life is so fantastic. I'm so happy," Aniston said. "There are a lot of exciting things that I'm excited about doing. We're about to do a sequel to 'Horrible Bosses,' which is such a fun character for me. And I think I'm going to try at some point next year to direct a full-length feature, which I'm extremely excited about. I'm just so happy and I'm grateful for my fans. I just hope I keep doing work that they love."
Another exciting event? Her annual tree-trimming party! Aniston and Theroux, 42, hosted a holiday party for their A-list friends -- including Gwyneth Paltrow, Jason Bateman and Robert Downey Jr. -- at their Bel Air home on Dec. 8.
"There's usually three different kinds of chili at the tree-trimming party," the hostess told Parade. "There's a vegetarian chili, a turkey chili and a good ol' beef chili. I can't honestly say I make that, but I do make some Rice Krispies treats and hot chocolate. My best hostess tip is to have good food and really good music! We usually put on the Charlie Brown Christmas album. That's my favorite. And then we'll go to Bing Crosby and stuff like that -- old school -- Frank Sinatra."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite