Jennifer Hudson Forgives Family Killer
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin4 of 17
- Photo: AB5/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Pampers/.7 of 17
- Photo: LEON/GSI8 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Pampers/.9 of 17
- Photo: Wonderwall10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/.12 of 17
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: JMF/WENN16 of 17
Jennifer Hudson has forgiven her estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, for murdering her mother, brother, and nephew in 2008 because his tough upbringing left him emotionally damaged.
Balfour was ordered to spend the rest of his life behind bars in July after he was convicted of breaking into the family's Chicago home and slaying Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, her brother, Jason Hudson, and seven-year-old nephew, Julian King, who was found shot dead in the back of an abandoned SUV three days later.
However, despite all the pain and suffering Balfour has caused her, Hudson has made peace with the situation.
RELATED: Longest Celebrity Engagements
During an interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter," which aired in on Sunday, she said, "Yes (I forgive him) 'cause I feel like for the most part it's not his fault, it's ... how he was brought up."
She added, "We tried to offer love, but you were so far gone that you couldn't even see that. A lot of things came out, that we didn't even know about, from his upbringing, which is like he never had a chance. You never had a chance. Had you had the love that my mother gave us, or the background that some have, then you would've stood a chance. So how could your heart not go out to that?"
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »