Jennifer Hudson Forgives Family Killer
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin4 of 17
- Photo: AB5/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Pampers/.7 of 17
- Photo: LEON/GSI8 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision for Pampers/.9 of 17
- Photo: Wonderwall10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/.12 of 17
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: JMF/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Jennifer Hudson has forgiven her estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, for murdering her mother, brother, and nephew in 2008 because his tough upbringing left him emotionally damaged.
Balfour was ordered to spend the rest of his life behind bars in July after he was convicted of breaking into the family's Chicago home and slaying Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, her brother, Jason Hudson, and seven-year-old nephew, Julian King, who was found shot dead in the back of an abandoned SUV three days later.
However, despite all the pain and suffering Balfour has caused her, Hudson has made peace with the situation.
RELATED: Longest Celebrity Engagements
During an interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter," which aired in on Sunday, she said, "Yes (I forgive him) 'cause I feel like for the most part it's not his fault, it's ... how he was brought up."
She added, "We tried to offer love, but you were so far gone that you couldn't even see that. A lot of things came out, that we didn't even know about, from his upbringing, which is like he never had a chance. You never had a chance. Had you had the love that my mother gave us, or the background that some have, then you would've stood a chance. So how could your heart not go out to that?"
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite