Jennifer Hudson to open Chicago weight loss center
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP Images for Rush Philanthropic/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Tony Barson Archive/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Mike Guastella/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com15 of 16
CHICAGO (AP) -- Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson hopes to show her commitment to a healthier lifestyle with the opening of a new weight loss center in Chicago.
RELATED: Jennifer's Body Transformation
The Chicago native will open the Jennifer Hudson Weight Watchers Center on Tuesday. Hudson has lost 80 pounds and is a Weight Watchers spokeswoman. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is expected to attend the event in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood on the South Side.
RELATED: Beach Body Face-Off
Weight Watchers says it'll donate a portion of the center's revenue to a foundation in honor of Hudson's late nephew, Julian King. In October 2008, the bodies of Hudson's mother and brother were found in the family's home. King's body was found days later in a vehicle. All three had been shot.
RELATED: Jennifer Hudson Says She's a Size 0
Hudson is known for her Oscar-winning role in "Dreamgirls."
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »