Jennifer Hudson to open Chicago weight loss center
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP Images for Rush Philanthropic/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Tony Barson Archive/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Mike Guastella/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com15 of 16
CHICAGO (AP) -- Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson hopes to show her commitment to a healthier lifestyle with the opening of a new weight loss center in Chicago.
RELATED: Jennifer's Body Transformation
The Chicago native will open the Jennifer Hudson Weight Watchers Center on Tuesday. Hudson has lost 80 pounds and is a Weight Watchers spokeswoman. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is expected to attend the event in the city's Hyde Park neighborhood on the South Side.
RELATED: Beach Body Face-Off
Weight Watchers says it'll donate a portion of the center's revenue to a foundation in honor of Hudson's late nephew, Julian King. In October 2008, the bodies of Hudson's mother and brother were found in the family's home. King's body was found days later in a vehicle. All three had been shot.
RELATED: Jennifer Hudson Says She's a Size 0
Hudson is known for her Oscar-winning role in "Dreamgirls."
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »